Solomon McCown & Cence is growing and is looking for a talented Marketing & Account Executive (2-5 years experience) with diverse interests and the desire to work on internal marketing efforts, as well as across accounts and disciplines. The ideal candidate has experience working in an agency setting or in-house marketing role focused on business development, special events and media strategy. You are a creative thinker who loves to write, compile and analyze research, and pitch. You bring a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
Our firm is still working remotely, but this individual is expected to be in the office once we return, which we anticipate being sometime during Q1 2022.
- Conduct research and analysis on new business prospects including past media, social and digital channels, leadership and organizational history.
- Work closely with senior staff to develop proposals: create proposal deliverables list and outline, draft cover letters, leverage pre-approved proposal language for proposal narrative, add case studies and team bios, proof materials
- Provide support in developing new business presentations
- Participate in new business calls and meetings
- Provide support in executing annual marketing plan
- Work closely with digital team to develop/update marketing content for various platforms
- Track awards and support teams with drafting and submitting individual awards
- Support team with identifying appropriate thought leadership opportunities
- Update firm contact entries on Constant Contact and any potential CRM platforms
- Support procurement, mock-up and delivery of firm swag
- Help manage company-wide event tracker
- Support with arrangements and materials for firm sponsorships
- Provide client event planning services including vendor procurement and management, materials and rentals, entertainment, invitations and RSVPS, timeline, budget tracking, etc.
- Provide planning support around firm outings, marketing events and fundraisers at the office and at external venue.
- Handle administrative work on client accounts, including call agendas, call notes/next steps, clipping, monthly memos and trackers
- Support Account Manager or VP on your accounts by helping to manage day-to-day workflow and client deliverables on accounts
- Research relevant reporters and compile media lists
- Award and speaking opportunities research
- Media Relations: Craft creative pitches and distribute to reporters; handle ongoing communication with reporters and clients around secured media opportunities
- Contribute to the writing and development of communications plans and messaging on behalf of clients
- Draft original content such as press releases, blogs, op-eds, LTEs, award and speaker submissions
- Draft social media posts
We thrive at the intersection of public policy and business, helping organizations define who they are, earn the recognition they deserve; and protect their reputations. Based in Boston, we are a fully integrated P.R. and marketing agency passionate about providing clients with senior counsel in complex sectors including healthcare, education, public affairs, professional services, housing and real estate. We leverage our experience in traditional and digital media, public affairs and crisis management to support legacy organizations and those that are on the rise. To learn more visit solomonmccown.com.
We love what we do and we have fun doing it. Our compensation and benefits program includes great health and dental plans, a 401 (k) plan, profit sharing, a new business success program, iPhone, summer hours, and your birthday off. We have a terrific professional development program as well. And, we are dog-friendly!
Reply in confidence via e-mail with your resume to email@example.com.